Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My 1st Blog Entry...

...Otherwise entitled: Good luck to me!


If you look real close, Em and I are in this picture...

Besides my family, my two favorite things are eating and Disney World.  I’m not going to lie to you.  I am an overweight, overworked, and overstressed momma.  In the short-term, I like to de-stress with food.  If I need some long-term de-stressing, Walt Disney works wonders for me.
            Disney World is the most magical place on earth, at least in my eyes.  There’s something for everyone: from the food, to the rides, to the shows, to the jaw-dropping views of Cindy’s Castle.  Disney is the absolute pinnacle of over-the-top entertainment and, I believe, it is the one place where you can be treated completely like the kid that you really are.
            Yes, there are a million Disney guides out there.  No, I am not an insider.  Heck, I’m not even a travel writer.  I’m just a fan with a weight problem, just like most of the rest of the nation, who would like to share my experiences with everyone.  But I am going to repeat in large letters: I AM NOT A TRAVEL EXPERT.  I hope everyone enjoys my ramblings, but don’t take my word as gospel.  Go see a professional, that’s what they are there for.

Magic Kingdom

            I don’t know about you, but Magic Kingdom sums up the Disney World experience to me.  There’s nothing like that first view of Cindy’s castle that just makes you blink your eyes in wonderment.  And then you get off the monorail system and you realize, “Toto, I don’t think we’re in Oz anymore.”
            After stepping off the monorail or ferry, your first experience with M.K. is the penultimate glamorous destination of the baggage check (“Keeping terrorists out of Disney World by checking your diaper bags since 1971!”).  Yes, it seems like a waste of time, but give those boys in blue the time of day.  They’re keeping all of the other loonies out.  You will need to open every bag that your expedition is carrying, including purses and diaper bags.  Some of the men will let you leave the bags attached to your stroller, but the official rule is all bags have to be opened and put on the table for ease of access.
            After your pat-down (just kidding!), you will give up your ticket, go through the gates, and actually enter the park.  That’s right you have been on Disney property for a half an hour between parking, the monorail (or ferry), and baggage claim and you have only now entered the park, but, I promise you, it’s worth the wait.
            So where should the big-bellied’s swollen feet take us?  As you enter the park, you have to go around the Walt Disney World Railroad, either to the left or the right.  Both sides converge together, to take you “…right down the middle of Main Street U.S.A…” as you will hear (shortly) during the (daily) parades.  That’s right, folks, you have entered turn-of-the-century Main Street, U.S.A.!

Come back (tomorrow?) for exploration of Main Street, U.S.A.

2 comments:

  1. I love blogs! Keep it up so I can secretly stalk you. Just kidding! But seriously, I love to read other people's blogs :) Chelsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's it folks! Now I have to keep writing my blog because Chelsey demanded it... Thanks for being my not-so-secret stalker!

    ReplyDelete